Thursday, November 15, 2012

Things are lookin' up!

So......

  • The Hubs GOT the job, so we should get his first paycheck right around Thanksgiving.
  • I found out last week that I have some days left that I need to burn before December starts, so I get ALL of next week off work.  WITH PAY!  (That music you hear is the Hallelujah Chorus.)
  • Munchkin has perfect attendance and got "Advanced" on a test they took last year, so she gets the whole week off too.
  • Now I can concentrate on getting my house ready for all the company we'll be having next week for Turkey Day.  Thought I was going to have to have our gathering on Friday, because I need a day to get everything ready.  But since I'm off work (did I mention that was with pay??) I can now get everything ready on Wednesday and have our traditional TG!

So do you do the Black Friday Shopping thing?  I have a couple of times, but I can't say it's worth all the stress and frustration.  One year I went, and was really excited, because I nabbed the last one on the shelf of a Paula Deen cooking set that I really wanted.  And the price was really good too.  It was a big box, so I had to put in on the under part of my cart.  Now, here is just how crazy it was in that store.  When I got to the checkout it was GONE.  Someone had stolen it right off my cart, and I didn't even notice!  That's just a little too much if you ask me.  Plus getting up that early?  I just don't think I can do it this year.  And besides, I haven't seen any sales yet that I just can't live without.  I think I'll stick with Cyber Monday and do my shopping online. I think we'll just eat leftovers, and I'll scrapbook all day.  

Oh oh, and I forgot!  My BFF is coming on Wednesday for a craft day.  Yes, I'll be working on getting everything ready for Turkey Day, but I've been doing that for so many years that it's just second nature.
I'm so excited.  She's been cutting out vinyl on her new big Silhouette machine, and she's going to show me how.  I've got the small Silhouette and a Cricut, (I've even bought the vinyl!)  I've just never gotten brave enough to try it.

I'm going to be really busy, but I will try to take some pics and maybe even give you my Father-In-Law's famous giblet gravy recipe....(What?  You don't eat giblet gravy with your Turkey?  Where are you FROM?)

Anyway....stay tuned.....

Happy Thursday!

Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment