Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Here I am!

I bet you guys thought I'd abandoned you, huh.  Been almost a week since I posted.  Sorry about that. Just way too many things going on.

The Hubs has been sick all week, and you know what a pain in the butt men are when they're sick soooo....

I can't use that as an excuse tho.  I've really been struggling with what to write about.  Lots of ideas, but none that are really forming into a full-on post.

I'm thinking about the hurricane hitting the northeast right now, and what all those poor folks are going to have to face in the next few months.  We had flooding here a couple of years ago, to the point where there was only one way to get to my house.  But luckily I live on a hill, and we didn't have any damage.  Just a little inconvenience for awhile.

So, on the heels of that, I'm thinking of the holidays coming up, and how thankful I am for all that I've been blessed with.  I think that might be a post all by itself, but I want to save it for closer to Thanksgiving.

I haven't (yet) done any "how-to" or recipe posts, but I'm thinking I might do some on my holiday meal.  I do the big Thanksgiving meal at my house, and I always get compliments on the whole meal.  If you're not from the South, you may not eat Giblet Gravy with your Thanksgiving meal....which is a real shame, because OMG!  When it's made right, it's to die for.  I have to say, tho, that I wouldn't touch the stuff when I was a kid.  (Not that I was picky or anything...Ahem....)  But after I got married, my Father-In-Law made the BEST gravy ever.  And we were lucky in that he taught me how to make it the Thanksgiving before he passed away.  He wasn't even sick, but somehow, he knew it was time to pass on the recipe.  So......I think it may be time to let others enjoy that recipe.

And I'm also one of those people that are addicted to Pinterest, and I have great and wonderful plans to duplicate all the wonderful crafty things I see on there. (Insert choir music here....)  BUT, I'm also one of those people that are what's known as procrastinators.  I'd love to decorate my house with all manner of homemade pumpkins etc.  But here it is, the day before Halloween, and NADA.  If it weren't for my daughter, we probably wouldn't have even decorated with all the cheesy stuff we've had in a box since LAST year.

And every Christmas, I plan to HAND make my Christmas cards.  I am really good about SENDING Christmas cards, but MAKING them?  Not so much.  I usually end up buying the $2 box of 30 cards and mailing those out.    And since I haven't yet started making any.....I'm thinking it's not looking so good for this year either.  (Sorry, family.  Deal with it.)

So......bear with my while I try to get my jumbled thoughts together and come up with some posts that will have some semblance of order to them. (Unlike this one.)

Oh, and in case I don't get back to you tomorrow.....Happy Halloween!!




No comments:

Post a Comment