Friday, September 28, 2012

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice....

One of my friends gave birth a few days ago, and I got to hold the baby yesterday.  It's been so long since my Munchkin was that size, I'd just about forgotten how wonderfully snuggable babies are. (Is that even a word?  "Snuggable," not "babies".)

She smelled so good, and she wasn't crying or pooping or making any of those UNwonderful baby noises at ALL.  And my friend is going to be SUCH a good Mommy.  She had already had one miscarriage, so we are all thrilled that this time everything turned out alright.  

When I think of all the women like her who want a baby so desperately, and have trouble having one, and then the women who pop them out like popcorn, and mistreat them?  OH, I can't tell you how angry it makes me. 

But this is FRIDAY and we aren't going to talk about ugly things like that today.  Not when there is a new life to celebrate. (Cue the rainbows and sparkles and happy music...).  Especially when its a bouncing baby girl that we get to spoil rotten!  (Incidentally, I'm also friends with the new baby's grandma, who happened to raise 2 BOYS, so I can't wait to watch her do all the "girlie" things she never got to do with her own kids.)

The best part came when my own daughter arrived and decided to hold the baby.  Some people have flashbacks now and again. Well, I had a flash FORWARD.  One for which I wasn't quite prepared.  For a second, that was MY baby's baby and I was a grandma.  (Just for a second.)  But I could see in that second that my Munchkin is going to be a great mom (someday.)  She held that baby with such tenderness and smiled so big when I took her picture.  I could almost see the (bright) future.  

And me without my shades....


Happy Friday!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment