Monday, September 17, 2012

A new outlook

What is it about a new (good) haircut that can change your whole outlook on life? 

I've been wearing my hair up in a ponytail for the past two months, because I've been trying to "grow it out."  I hate my hair long, but the Hubs and the Munchkin like it that way, so I was trying to  make them happy humor them.  Well, I got to the point, I JUST couldn't stand it any longer.  I don't know if I've mentioned it, but at heart I'm a lazy person.  So I am NOT going to stand at the mirror and spend more than 10 min working on it!  Sue me.  So ever since it got to the length where it might take some "time,"  up in a ponytail it's been!

But I digress......on Friday, I got to the point I couldn't stand it any longer (pun intended).  I texted my hairdresser stylist and bless her, she had an opening at just about the time I was to get off work.  Soooo....I didn't tell a soul I was doing it, I just went and got it cut!

And. I. love. it.!!!!

It's SO easy.  Just run a flat iron thru it, and it's done! 

Back to the outlook on life thing.....I was in such a good mood after getting that done, that I got up Saturday, cooked a big breakfast for the fam, and swept AND mopped my floors!!!!!!!!!!!  Watched a movie and piddled around on the computer for a while.  Got up Sunday, went to church, came home and spent two.whole.hours. working on cleaning up my scrapbook room!!!  For the last 6 months, I've walked into that room, took a deep breath, and le-sigh....walked right back out.  Then I took some pics from TWO school years ago, and got them arranged in their album. 

Who would've thought a haircut could do all that?  I better not let the Hubs know about this, or he'll have the clippers out while I'm sleeping!

Happy Monday!!


Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment